Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm goint to be buying a trailer to haul my Cobra and was wondering where are the 4 best tie off points on the car ? The trailer floor will have 4 D-rings to attach to. Also, what do you use to tie the car down with ? Thanks guys, I'd hate to see that thing come off :eek:

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Heck im just curious how to get the thing up the ramps with so little ground clearance :)

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
When they dynoed mine, they hooked it to the front control arms. In back, they put a short strap with 2 d-rings through an opening in the lower control arms, then hooked to the d-rings.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a 18ft trailer with a 3ft dove

I use axel straps around control arms at all 4 locations

this trailer load very easy even with lowered cars

·
Registered
516 Posts
I use heavy "S" hooks on the front with ratchet straps. Put the "S" hook through the hole in the bottom of the front control arms. This is the hole that is in the center of the front spring seat.

On the rear I use axle straps that I put around the rear lower control arms. They have several openings that you can run the strap around or through.

It is always best to tie the car down by the control arms because it still allows the car's suspension to absorbe road shock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. I could just envision this thing somehow coming loose and OOP's, there she goes. That would be a real bad day. Where would be a good place to pick up some of the axle and ratchet type straps with "S" hooks on them ? They sound like probably the best bet and would definitley provide a good connection. Once again, thanks all ;)

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Maybe a trailer shop or a truck supply house. I'm sure you can find it at some racing places as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts