Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you have seen this already, however I just wanted to give credit again to Nitrous Pete for showing this to us. I am only using a 2.80 upper and stock lower. When I installed the pulley, I added the idler, and now I have zero belt slip. The belt wrap is incredible. Thanks again to Nitrous Pete for showing this. It works great. Have to give credit where credit is due.

Attachments

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Great Pic,,,You can see how that would work..
That should help a lot..

jim v.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing to keep in mind, many people always wondered why the lightnings don't slip using a 2.93 pulley. Some of it is the fact that they don't wind as high, however, if you look at their setup, their belt wrap is quite a bit tighter with their idler pulleys closer together. Just a though for comparison sake.

G

·
Nitrous Pete is da man.....also...when you run the car at the track or going for a battle on the street...never leave home without VHT traction compound....dip that belt in it.....let dry and watch that boost gauge stay way way up there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ditto... where can we get the extra idler and bolt from...can we use the stock idler left over?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look at the picture closer, you will see that both of the stock original idlers are still in place. I added another idler to get more belt wrap. The extra idler is the same part number as what is already on the vehicle.

If you ask for an idler for either an Expedition, F150, Lightning blower idler, or a cobra blower idler, it will be the same as what is on the car. Expeditions and F150's use an 8 rib belt like our blower setup, so it is the same idler.

The belt is the stock belt. Because of the added length needed with the addition of the pulley, the stock belt is fine. If you want one even a little tighter, a belt that is 1/2" shorter than stock will also work. But why waste the money.

As for the extra parts, I bought the bolt, spacer, and washers at Lowes. The entire job, including idler pulley was came out to about $25.

Keep in mind you will have to drill and tap into the stock engine plate that the idlers mount to. If you don't have a tap you will have to buy one also.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
lguerra1

What size bolt ? How tall of a spacer is needed?

Great work !!!

Thanks,

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey , call me at pjs perf. 856 697 5254
It works great. I have all the info, and sell the sys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts